Why I'll miss AVICII

by - April 24, 2018

I woke up today in lazy fashion and then slept again. It has been kind of daily routine lately. Getting up to sleep again. The morning light already crept in my room and was whispering me silently to get up and move along. So, I got up, washed my face, did some stretching and sat to practice some maths. As my next exam is Mathematics, which I'm terrible at, I tried to focus and solve some problems. After 25 minutes of sheer willpower and laser focus, I solved 2-3 problems and was pretty satisfied. I went to another room and got my laptop to check FIMDBIMD. Oh, You don't know what that means? Well, it stands for Football Is My Drug, Barcelona is my dealer(A Facebook Fan Page for FC Barcelona) . I was just scrolling lazily until I found a post. It was Avicii.  It was him.


I couldn't believe my eyes. I immediately opened a new tab and then searched AVICII and I was already surprised to see the Google's Search recommending terms like "Avicii dead", "Avicii death news". I was confused and shocked at the same time and the mixture of such emotions drove me crazy. I loved AVICII. He was one of my favorite artists and I remembered enjoying his songs for so long time. I remember humming his songs in my college days and when I talked to my friend - Rohan about Avicii and his song. It was just nostalgic. His songs reminded of my past and my dreams at the same time. "Wake me Up" was my wake up call several times and "Nights" was my all time favourite inspirational song. What he gave and created was something only few could've imagined. I still remember when he made the statement

“WE ALL REACH A POINT IN OUR LIVES AND CAREERS WHERE WE UNDERSTAND WHAT MATTERS THE MOST TO US.
For me it’s creating music. That is what I live for, what I feel I was born to do.
RELATED
Celebrities Who Died in 2018
Last year I quit performing live, and many of you thought that was it. But the end of live never meant the end of Avicii or my music. Instead, I went back to the place where it all made sense – the studio.
The next stage will be all about my love of making music to you guys. It is the beginning of something new.
Hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do.”
One of the prominent reason why I'll miss Avicii is the inclusion of his song "Nights" in FIFA 15. I remember playing FIFA 15 with my brother back home and "Nights" was one of my favorite FIFA Tracks of all time with "Hit It" by American Authors. The reason I fell in love with Avicii was this track an "Wake Me Up". How I wonder he is no more with us now. I feel a deep grief and it saddens a deep part of my heart knowing that I will not see any Video Upload notification on Youtube and I will not see his "Instagram Stories" anymore. But don't get me wrong, it's not his Instagram stories and Youtube notifications that make me miss him. It is his music and love for music. He has been such an inspiration to people like me(meaning people who listen and admire EDM Music). He along with Martin  Garrix was my favorite DJ and I wondered if I could anyway make music like them. But it is part of a story and an unforgivable part of nature. So, there's nothing I can do. I cannot change the world and it remains the way it was. However, AVICII was one of the inspiring figures that taught me that age was nothing if you have interest and determination. I miss you AVICII because your song was such a sweet memory to me and I'll always be happy that I was able to enjoy you. Thank you for everything.

You May Also Like

0 comments