Hypocrisy - Why my no writings are good

by - May 25, 2019

 On May 24th, 2019 I delivered my first ever Slam-Poetry. I was/am not a good poet . It was just things in my mind I wanted to deliver and with much effort I calmed myself to go and break the comfort zone of mine. Cloudfactory had managed a "Slam Poetry and Stand Up Comedy Night" and I thought it was a perfect place to start.


Although this poem carries a dark theme, it tries to make a point, although a vague one. Not a great writer, so thoughts are disorganized and not coherent.

Since I write to pass my thoughts, most of the time they are un-welcomed(I don't even know if that word exists). It's just I find it peaceful and with myself. So, even though it may hurt someone or people dislike I will  continue writing, at least to myself.

Have a great day !


EDITED(Credits to Pratik Bhurtel for this subtle reshuffle of words):
May 24th, 2019, was a big day for me. God! i had just written a Slam-Poetry. The rhythm of my poem hit me like a mozart's music, just words made up from my mind could do this wonder to my confidence, this, right here, I couldn't decipher. This poem carries a dark theme to some, to some it's a ray of hope. I ain't a great writer but the words in it made me feel so. What if I could also become one great writer? This poetry rose the, 'What if' question of positive vibe that I had been long searching for. It fulfilled my great desire of hope. I find this poetry peaceful, and I don't care if it hurts ya all, I am always doing things my way. Have a great day, folks!

Hypocrisy

When I was born, the sky wasn’t blue but black
The clouds weren’t fluffy and bright, but radiantly dark
Swift breeze blowing weren’t gentle but harsh
It was a gloomy day as you can imagine, and date : 13th of March
When I opened my eyes, I sensed things, dark and mute, like a loo
I still remember that house and those sound, nothing was new and was like a deja vu
I saw faces and those voice which I already knew
Claimed me as a god gift & some sweet name, you just name a few..
Grew up in tidy place, chained by our customs
Being a sheep, disheartened face, life was so much fun
I hated people, their pretty smiles and their mere presence
Their words were too cold that it burned me to flames.
I didn’t talked much but I had my voice
Be like someone because you got no choice
I was too fragile and they moulded me nice.
And now i was dumb and deaf, with no much surprise.

And I slept one day and the tension arise,
I’ve never seen me, myself with a disguise
I had this mask, that stuck in my face
It was the one people labelled religion and race
I felt my heart racing like it was never before, my throat went dry and heart burnt with roar
He pierces to my eyes and whispers me loud
“I’m tired, I’m too tired”.
I had this scary feeling that took me by soul

“Modernity has failed us mate”.
I’m tired and I’m tired to think that my  life is my fate.
I wish “i-hate-this-world” has a true meaning face
The world is a big hoax and full of fakeness
People here are ill and take does of narcissism
Brainwashed by fake life of their own and some celebrity stardom.
I eyes are so dark that a brightness enters seldom
I’m here for a short time and you should absolutely listen.

I live a hypocrite life and I hate my face and this stupid tongue
Just tell me mate, is wrong to not believe in right and wrong?
Should I behave like a stray dog with his tail down?
Feeling humiliated, with no answers, my eyes stuck on the wet ground
Authenticity is labelled fraud, and why do you ask?
Modernity has failed us and we have a lot of work and task
I see people and their actions and their fakeness too much
It made me too soft that my heart turned to rock.
They sit in the house of glass and worship a sleek stone
Works like Satan and worship god with such an innocent tone?

I thought that must be it, God’s got the answer
And I set the pedal to find the key, either him or her
But it’s nowhere  to be seen, it’s just another hoax
Rich people created it, to flourish the sheeps and chase away the fox
When all the ideas failed, they frightened me me with the Afterlife.
Now I left my house, idolize them and worship them till 5
I tried, I tried, I tried and now I’m tired.
I'm too deep into it now, there's no more place to dive
God is dead,Nietzsche said, and so I’ve believed it now.

I woke up and felt a pang in my heart
Never before a thought had pierced a hole and left it hollow
I made up my mind then, I’ll be my own leader, there’s no one to follow
And the sky turned orange, and the sun popped out happy
It was a new morning I promised, even the air had a different essence
I would spread peace, love and unity, like the world has never seen
I lookup to the mirror and wonder how to start and what do I say?
Yesterday I was born and today is my first day.











You May Also Like

0 comments